Simon Pagenaud will form part of Meyer Shank’s expanded line-up for the 2022 IndyCar season.
“Next year will be a big year for MSR and I think we have a very strong line-up of drivers between Simon and Helio,” said team co-owner Michael Shank, whose outfit took Castroneves to victory in this year’s Indianapolis 500.
“We have built this program every year, growing with our partners and working to have all the ingredients we need to be competitive. Our Indianapolis 500 win was a big breakthrough, and we are looking forward to having a consistently competitive program that will have the chance to fight for wins and podiums no matter where we go and I think this line-up will help us do that.”
Pagenaud finished eighth in this year’s championship but failed to add to his haul of 15 career wins. Penske is expected to downsize its line-up to three cars next year for Josef Newgarden, Will Power and Scott McLaughlin.
Meyer Shank’s sole full-time driver for 2021, Jack Harvey, is yet to confirm his plans for next season.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
- IndyCar team changes car’s number to avoid “reprehensible associations”
- Wickens confirms interest in return to IndyCar after spinal injury
- Coyne signs Indy Lights runner-up Sting Ray Robb after losing Sato
- Two-time Indy 500 winner Sato joins Ganassi for oval races
- McLaren to run NASCAR champion Larson in 2024 Indy 500 ‘double’ attempt