Five drivers have special graphics on their helmets for this weekend’s Mexico City Grand Prix including the only home driver in the field, Sergio Perez.
Sergio Perez’s 2021 Mexico City Grand Prix helmet
Perez’s new helmet for this weekend, featuring a prominent Mexican flag, is only part of the special outfit he is wearing. He is also wearing special overalls for his first home race as a Red Bull driver.
George Russell’s 2021 Mexico City Grand Prix helmet
There’s a strong Mexican theme in George Russell’s latest helmet too, with the motto ‘Viva Mexico’ across the back and a sombrero.
Lando Norris’ 2021 Mexico City Grand Prix helmet
Fellow Briton Lando Norris has also added a splash of local colour – and a sombrero – to his usual design.
Images: McLaren via Twitter
Sebastian Vettel’s 2021 Mexico City Grand Prix helmet
Sebastian Vettel gets through a lot of different helmet designs during the course of a season. He has a black and pink lap of the earth on his latest one.
Images: JMD helmets via Instagram
Nikita Mazepin’s 2021 Mexico City Grand Prix helmet
This weekend’s race was originally due to take place on October 31st before it was moved back by a week. That perhaps explains Nikita Mazepin’s choice of a Hallowe’en theme with a pumpkin design and cobwebs.
2021 Mexico City Grand Prix
- Hamilton’s win under threat as he faces new investigation over seat belts
- F1 expects Brazil GP freight delay will not affect race
- Red Bull pin hopes on high altitude tracks after “Hamilton stronghold” COTA
- Domenicali wants more F1 sprint events in 2022 after “overwhelmingly positive feedback”
- More F1 venues following Silverstone’s lead in aim for full crowds